Glamping has taken off in the last few years and for good reason. It offers the classic combination of comfort and value – the chance to get back to nature without sacrificing any of your home comforts. It’s also an excellent option for families to enjoy a quirky holiday that offers a break from the norm. Here at best devon holidays we are big fans of glamping experiences and here are our top reasons why:
- A BREAK FROM THE NORM. For us a holiday should be something different – a genuine change from the every day as the new often revives and reconnects.
- GREAT VALUE. Glamping breaks (depending on how exclusive you go) offer excellent value particularly for those with larger groups and families.
- DEVON FITS GLAMPING. The rolling hills and beautiful beaches of Devon were made for glamping. There are few places in the country that offer a better combination of weather, landscape and easy access to outstanding attractions and facilities.
- GREAT VIEWS GUARANTEED. Wake up to million dollar views for a few £s – not a bad combination!
Put simply, glamping is camping in luxury. It combines the affordability and adventure of traditional camping with the comfort and amenities of home. Glamping sites have taken off all over the country, including in the beautiful county of Devon. Glamping is the perfect way to explore this stunning region, allowing you to enjoy its spectacular natural surroundings without sacrificing your home comforts.
Here are a few of the must-visit destinations while you’re glamping in Devon:
- Visit one of the many theme parks. Devon is home to a number of excellent theme parks that offer a range of fun activities for all ages. With many, you can also get entry on multiple days so if you get in early you will get maximum value + be able to return later in the year on your next Devon holiday. Some of the most popular attractions include The Big Sheep, Dartmoor Zoo, Milky way and Crealy adventure park. Shop around for discounts and vouchers and check out our voucher attractions section for more details on the best offers.
- The National Marine Aquarium While Devon enjoys more than its fair share of sunshine, this Plymouth aquarium is a great backup option for a rainy day or when you fancy a day away from the beach. You’ll find all manner of weird and wonderful sea creatures here and children and adults alike will enjoy learning about some of the more unusual inhabitants.
- National Trust attractions Perfect for families of all ages these immaculately kept houses and parks and ideal for a day out and particularly good on a wet day with many indoor elements. Of particular note are Kilerton and Castle Drago with their excellent children’s facilities but you will find many venues running seasonal events throughout the year. Its educational, fun and they nearly always serve amazing cake!
- Beaches and surf The main reason for many heading to the South West is the beaches so make sure to get out for surfing, sandcastles, paddleboarding and general beach fun. Many beaches are dog-friendly (but not in peak season) and those on the south coast offer calm and still bays and coves whilst the north coast is more suited to waves (although plenty of sheltered spots can easily be found). Some of our personal favourites in the North include Saunton, Croyde and Wesward Ho or head to Branscombe, Blackpool Sands and Salcombe in the South.
Why choose glamping in Devon?
Glamping offers the perfect opportunity to do something a little different. It’s suitable for all ages and the perfect getaway for families. Kids will love the sense of adventure associated with traditional camping, while everyone will appreciate the comfort and luxury of a glamping trip. If you love the outdoors but freezing in a damp canvas tent isn’t for you, glamping in Devon is the ideal alternative. You’ll enjoy the fresh air and the feeling of being surrounded by nature, but will be able to relax in comfortable surroundings, with all the creature comforts you’re used to.
GLAMPING REVIEWS FROM FAMILIES JUST LIKE YOU…
Our site contains detailed reviews on all the glamping experiences featured including videos and virtual tours. Check out a snippet from one holidaymaker below. For more reviews choose a property and click for more information.
“As a family, we have had many camping holidays to Devon but we decided it was time for an upgrade as we had a pretty unfortunate experience with the weather the year before. A solid roof, dry floor and heating meant that even though we had a couple of days rain during our two-week break in north Devon the holiday wasn’t ruined. The kids loved it too and I don’t think we will be going back to camping anytime soon!” Jenny Marshall, July 2018
Read More +