Family Holidays in Devon
Family Holidays Devon
For all the family
Family holidays in Devon simply have no comparison. The perfect combination of bliss and excitement awaits. But, don’t just take our word for it – see for yourselves – with a virtual tour and review video for every property listed on our site you will be able to know before you go.
Our team (all of whom are parents facing the same holiday challenges as you!) have been to every hotel, lodge, campsite, cottage and attraction to find out what really happens when little ones are left to run free (within reason!).
Our virtual tours enable you to explore the entire venue (no craftily positioned cameras with hidden nightmares behind) and also plan how suitable the space is for you and your children. The review videos give you the perfect feel for all the facilities available with some handy top tips to make the most our of your holiday.Read More +
OUR TOP TEN TIPS FOR FAMILY HOLIDAYS IN DEVON
We are lucky enough to be based in beautiful Devon but through experience have found there are a few “local” tips that will make your holiday here more relaxing – so unwind and check out our top ideas:
- Bring waterproofs! Yes it may be summer and the forecast is great but you never quite know. In particular heading out to the moors can mean mixed weather but with the right gear that doesn’t mean any less enjoyment.
- Invest in a national trust membership. There are some amazing venues around Devon, ideal for families of all ages but prices can add up without membership – it also gives you a great reason to get out and about once you are back home.
- Bring your binoculars and walking boots. Devon is home to some amazing hikes and unique wildlife – there are a range of excellent (and free) walks in Devon and we’d highly recommend these with your little ones – for more information visit Devon wildlife trust.
- Cream before jam! Its a small point but a big issue – when in Devon and enoying an amazing scone its cream before jam – perfect!
- Get your discount vouchers. Many attractions in Devon have discount vouchers or cards in local hotels and supermarkets. Head to the checkout or entrance areas and you can buy books of discount tickets.
- Cheap parking is available. Car parks can get expensive around town centres and beaches (particularly in peak months) but check out justpark for some bargain rates at private houses.
- Use the Met Office for weather. We know how much forecasts vary but in our experience the forecasts provided by the Met office are far more accurate for the areas around Devon then the BBC and other sites.
- Check out one of the top 10 beaches in the World. Take time to visit Woolacombe, rated by the guardian as one of the top 10 beaches in the World.
- Festivals, fayres and more. There are a constant flow of local events not to be missed – to ensure you see any during your family break use this handy guide.
- Get outside and Geocaching. Join the Worlds largest treasure hunt and get outdoors. This is a great way to enjoy exploring with the family – you just need a mobile phone – find out more here.