Family Holidays in Combe Martin family holiday guide
THE BEST FAMILY HOLIDAYS IN COMBE MARTIN
To view a fantastic variety of family holidays currently available in Combe Martin please scroll down.
WHY HOLIDAY IN COMBE MARTIN?
Combe Martin offers a family-friendly get-away from cities clogged with dust without the million-pound price tag. With its dog friendly coastal paths and luxurious sandy beaches, Combe Martin is the ultimate relaxation and its old-fashioned charm takes you back in time to a simpler world.
Here are the top 10 things we love about family holidays in Combe Martin:
- Combe Martin is a small and quaint village and yet offers plenty of activities suitable for the whole family.
- Combe Martin’s superb location means you can explore the coves one day and hike along the moorlands of Exmoor National Park the next.
- The South West Coast Path passes through the village. This means the whole family can enjoy quality time together slipping on their hiking boots and being mesmerised with the stunning scenery.
- The golden sandy bay is perfect for kayaking, swimming, sunbathing or fishing.
- Combe Martin is famous for the UK’s largest street party. The locals are very friendly and love to host events and festivals.
- Combe Martin has a fascinating history with its past based on the lead and silver mining industry.
- The village offers local pubs and shops selling local produce.
- Combe Martin is home to the highest sea cliff in Britain; the Hangman Hills.
- There are diverse attractions in Combe Martin or nearby to suit every taste.
- An array of scenic family boat trips available.
COMBE MARTIN OVERVIEW:
With Exmoor National Park to its East and the North Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty to its West, Combe Martin offers a breath of fresh air for the whole family – quite literally – with its stunning sheltered cove and bay perfect for swimming or kayaking and walking enthusiasts.
THINGS TO DO ON A FAMILY HOLIDAY IN COMBE MARTIN:
- Hike Britain’s largest sea cliffs. With its scenic views over the coast and countryside and plethora of fauna and plants, climbing up The Hangman Hills is rewarding for everyone in the whole family. Both the Little Hangman (716 feet high) and the Great Hangman (1,043 feet high) is on the South West Coast Path.
- Dine and wine enjoying fresh produce. Experience Devon’s best with Combe Martin’s Farmers’ Market every third Saturday of the month between 9.30 am and 12pm at the Village Hall.
- Travel back in time! With Combe Martin’s Wildlife and Dinosaur Park just around the corner, children and parents alike with enjoy the abundance of exotic and native wildlife and dinosaur animatronics to explore.
- Make a splash! Slip on your swimming wear and walk down to Combe Martin Bay where you will be greeted with dramatic views of headlands and the coast. This is the perfect spot for kayaking, paddle boarding and swimming. Rock pooling is also very popular, and you can also book a chartered fishing or wildlife trip.
- Learn new things. Explore the Combe Martin Museum which teaches the social, trade, maritime and industry history of Combe Martin. Located just off the beach, this is a perfect place to visit when the weather has just turned. In addition, children go free!
- Walk the 230 hidden steps down to the Golden Cove for breath-taking views. This secluded beach has beautiful sea caves and coves to swim around in and explore by foot.
- Enjoy a splendid lunch at the historic Pack of Cards Inn. Built in 1690, the Pack of Cards Inn resembles its name with four floors, thirteen rooms and fifty-two windows after George Ley’s large win. The house was built to commemorate the event.
- Explore the Church of St Peter and Vincula, Combe Martin. This large parish church was declared a Grade 1 listed building since 1965 and construction began in the 13th century.
- Check out all the local events. There is an array of events that the village of Combe Martin put on including Hunting the Earl of Rone, a Strawberry Fayre, Combe Martin Carnival, Mini Madness and the Farmers’ Market. Make sure to check out whether they on when you decide to visit!